Meeting LogTags: organization and think
Meeting Log December 01, 2018
Today's Meet ObjectivesWe plan to prepare for a few events coming up, the tournament we are going to host at Townview and our presentation to the Dallas Personal Robotics Group. As well, we plan to continue building our robot and improve on the superman arm in preparation for our next competition in January.
Today's Meet Log
- Hosting a qualifier The Townview qualifier is coming up in just a few weeks, and we are starting to make preparations. Ethan is making a wrap for Cart Bot that emulates an ambulance, so we can stock the cart with tools and drive it around to help teams during the competition.
- Robot materials testing This year, we want to continue our materials testing in order to ensure our robot is efficient. Here is Ethan performing one of these tests, measuring the friction of different materials we might use for an intake system. Further information on the tests can be found at (E-59, Friction Coefficient and Energy).
- Model updates Justin kept working on the 3D model, which is essential to complete as we are trying to improve the various systems on our robot, especially the Superman arm and other complicated mechanisms.
- Blog training A universal responsibility for Iron Reign members is writing blog posts. We taught Bhanaviya how to use GitHub and Notepad ++ so that she can write her own blog posts and post them to the blog.
- DPRG prep Abhi is preparing a demo in preparation for our meeting with the Dallas Personal Robotics Group (DPRG). We are going to show off our robot's computer vision capabilities and the strides we have made to train our own neural network. We expect to receive a lot of specific questions about this. Our presentation will be an hour long. To see how our presentation went, read (T-31, Presenting to the DPRG).
Today's Work Log
|Team Members||Task||Start Time||Duration|
|Ethan||Blog & Testing||2:00||4|
Date | December 1, 2018