Meeting Log 4/1Tags: control, innovate, journal, and think
Task: Gripper Redesign and Build Fixes
Trey redesigned the gripper stopper on the underarm to limit the degrees of movement so that the underarm gripper will not get stuck. The original design of the gripper stopper did not fully stop the gripper because it did not limit the gripper's movement as much as we wanted it to.
The tensioning belt on the shoulder attached to the crane became too lose, and started skipping at lot, so Krish and Georgia re-tensioned it again by moving the motor on the turntable farther away from the other.
The omni wheels on the bottom of the underarm kept breaking, so we replaced them, and worked on ideas about how to stop breaking the wheels. We figured out what was happening was that there was so much pressure being put on the wheels that the spokes for the small wheels kept falling out of the seams. The problem with this was that the wheels would damage the field, and the underarm wouldn't smoothly move across the field. To solve this problem, we melted the plastic so that the seams were no longer open and the spokes wouldn't be able to fall out.
Our code team continued to tune and debug autonomous, while our build team asynchronously worked on the robot. Later, Georgie and Tanvi worked on pit design for Worlds. They designed the pit and figured out how much it would cost. After deciding on what materials we would need, they reached out to companies to ask about sponsorships. In addition, we worked on updating our portfolio and designing banners for Worlds.
Our next steps are to continue tuning code, more drive practice, and finish pit design.